The main campus is located in the centre of the city of Naples (Italy), within the area surrounded by Molo Beverello, Monte di Dio and via Medina. It includes administration offices and seven departments that are strategically located in the centre of the city. Some offices are also located in the eastern area of Naples. For general information visit the sections below.
Centro Direzionale (Isola/Block C4)
This modern building, designed and built specifically as a university site, is perfectly suited to the needs of a scientific and technological Faculty. This building hosts the School of Engineering, Science and Health. Offices, lecture rooms, laboratories and other facilities of the Department of Engineering and of the Department of Science and Technology are located there.
Headquarters – Via Acton
The headquarters of the University Parthenope are located in Naples, Via Ammiraglio Ferdinando Acton n. 38, and comprise an ancient building, the so-called “Palazzina Spagnola”, dating back to the 16th century, and a modern building that hosts some activities of the Department of Sports Science and Well-Being.
Pacanowski building (Palazzo Pakanowski) is located in Naples, Via Generale Parisi no. 13. It was built between 1959-66 and represents one of the largest and impressive edifice (if not the largest and most impressive ) of post-war “modern” Neapolitan architecture. The address is: via Generale Parisi 13, Napoli. It hosts the School of Economics and Law and the following Departments:
The 1950s building located in Naples, Via Medina n. 40, close to Piazza Municipio (and close to Municipio station, metro line A), hosts some of the offices of the Department of Sports Sciences and Well-being.
Villa Doria D’Angri
Villa Doria d’Angri is the most important neoclassical mansion in Posillipo hill, it was commissioned by Prince Marcantonio Doria d’Angri (1809-1837) to the architect Bartolomeo Grasso (1773-1835), who completed the construction in 1833. This monumental villa is the expression of the greatest artists and artisans of the time. It gleams in all its ancient splendour and features a park with a total area of over 18.000 square metres. The villa is used as a venue for international meetings and events, seminars and cultural initiatives.
Since 2000, Villa Doria d’Angri hosts the Naval Museum. The Museum has included a collection of approximately 160 ship models and navigation tools, the oldest ones dating back to 1920, the year of foundation of the Institute. The collection represents an important testimony of the scientific history of the university and is a valuable didactic support to nautical studies and to the diffusion of a sea culture.